Summer is around the corner and it’s time to take out all your tank tops, shorts and swimsuits you have been hiding in the back of your closet all winter long. If you are thinking about getting your body ready, it’s not too late. There are things you can do to help you get your rear in gear. Although you can safely lose only about 1 to 2 pounds of body fat a week, you can feel more confident by swimsuit season if you begin making changes today. Here are 5 attainable goals to set and stick to, starting now:
- 1.Get your sweat on! Exercise! Exercise! Exercise! Fit in a 30 to 60 minute workout 3-4 times a week.
- 2.Drink Lots of water! The best way to rid yourself of excess water weight is to flush your body with water.
- 3.Cut back on starchy carbs and fatty foods! Most fatty foods are loaded with extra sodium and preservatives that can contribute to water retention and bloating.
- 4.Pick up some fruits and veggies! Packed with lean proteins, these nutritious foods keep you satisfied all day.
- 5.Love Yourself! All good change comes with a good attitude. Keep your spirits high and your will power even higher!
For more information about balancing your diet and introducing exercise to your daily routine, contact our inSite Digestive Nutrition Specialist, Mariam Bandarian. Make an appointment today!