Being an IBS patient doesn’t mean you have to give up Halloween treats! There are plenty of options and food choices you can still enjoy. Consider these treats for you and your family this Halloween season.
● Tangerines (mandarin oranges or clementines, seedless)
● Celery stalks and leaves
● Orange peeler
1. Peel tangerines, use an orange peeler, your fingernail or a small paring knife to scrape off as much white pith membranes as possible.
2. Wash, dry and slice celery
3. Cut 1-2 inch narrow pieces from the tops of the celery and insert into the peeled tangerines
4. Cut leaves from the celery tops and arrange to look like pumpkin leaves.
● Chocolate chips
Instructions: 1. Peel the bananas and cut them in half. Place the cut side down so the banana halves stand up. 2. Use small chocolate chips to make ghost eyes and large chocolate chips to make ghost mouths.
Candy Corn Fruit Cups
● Can of pineapple tidbits
● Can of mandarin oranges
● Whipped cream Instructions:
1. Spoon a layer of mandarin oranges in the bottom of your dish
2. Spoon a layer of pineapple on top of the oranges
3. Top with whipping cream
Spider Deviled Eggs
● Hard boiled eggs
● 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
● ½ teaspoon mustard
● ⅛ teaspoon salt
● ⅛ teaspoon pepper
1. Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Slip out yolks and mash.
2. Stir in mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper.
3. Cut whole olive in half.
4. Put one half on mashed yolk for the spider’s body.
5. Thinly slice the other half for the spiders legs. Put four legs on each side.