Temperatures are rising and everyone seems to be gearing up for the start of summer. Schools out and beach trips, vacations, and fun with friends and family are in! And we at inSite want to do everything we can to ensure you feel your best for all your summer activities. To help you prepare to be your best this season, we’re offering Protocol For Life Balance® Curcumin supplement. Curcumin is the principle bioactive constituent found in the Turmeric plant. Turmeric has been used in traditional herbalism for centuries and is still studied by researchers today. Turmeric and curcumin both offer a variety of benefits to promote health and wellness.
- Curcumin has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It helps the body fight free radicals and helps to prevent cell damage. It can also help reduce the appearance of redness and swelling as a result of inflammation. A daily dose of curcumin can improve the appearance of skin and calm symptoms of eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, and other skin diseases.
- Individuals with arthritis may find increased comfort with curcumin. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, it can help ease the pain that arthritis patients experience. Some studies have shown that curcumin is as effective at relieving rheumatoid arthritis pain as other anti-inflammatory drugs such as Aspirin and Ibuprofen.
- Curcumin is heart healthy. Heart disease is the leading killer in North America. While heart disease is incredibly complicated and has various contributing factors, curcumin may help to prevent steps in the heart disease process. Curcumin can improve the function of the endothelium, the lining of the blood vessels. This can help protect and strengthen the heart when taken with a healthy diet rich in vegetables, protein, and healthy fats.
- Curcumin is good for brain function. Neurons can form new connections in certain areas of the brain, even into adulthood. They multiply and increase in number. This process is motivated by the brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), a hormone in the brain. Most brain disorders are connected to decreased levels of BDNF. Some studies have suggested that curcumin can increase brain levels of BDNF, possibly protecting the brain from developing life-altering diseases such as Alzheimer’s.
- Researchers have been studying the effects of turmeric on cancer cells and the results prove promising. Studies showed that curcumin can reduce the growth of cancerous cells and inhibit the growth of tumors. In a study done in 2011, researchers found that 4 grams a day of curcumin taken for 30 days significantly reduced the formation of Aberrant Crypt Foci (ACF) lesions (1). ACF form before colorectal polyps and are the earliest indicators of changes in the colon that can potentially lead to colorectal cancer.
If you are considering taking steps to long-term health and wellness, consider Protocol’s Curcumin supplement for its wide variety of benefits. As always, consult your physician to see if Protocol’s supplements can help you. If you decide to try this supplement, we would love to hear about your experience!
The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated the above statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
1. Carroll, R. E., et al. “Phase IIa Clinical Trial of Curcumin for the Prevention of Colorectal Neoplasia.” Cancer Prevention Research, vol. 4, no. 3, 2011, pp. 354–364., doi:10.1158/1940-6207.capr-10-0098.