inSite Digestive Health Care is dedicated to helping raise awareness for colorectal cancer. We have partnered with the Colorectal Cancer Alliance in fundraising to help support those impacted by the disease, raise awareness of preventive measures, and inspire efforts to fund critical research. Join us in the fight against colorectal cancer by donating today.
"We take pride in fundraising with the Colorectal Cancer Alliance and in educating our patients regarding the risks, symptoms, and treatment options for this preventable disease."
Director of Marketing & Clinical Information Systems
inSite Digestive Health Care
What You Should Know
90% of new colorectal cancer cases occur in people 50 or older, although colorectal cancer is on the rise in those under 50.
Risk: 1 in 23
Colorectal cancer affects men and women equally. On average, your risk is about 1 in 23.
Signs & Symptoms
- Change in bowel habits
- Rectal bleeding or blood in your stool
- Nausea or vomiting
- Unexplained weight loss
- Chronic fatigue
- Many people diagnosed with colorectal cancer have no symptoms
What You Can Do
- Get screened at the age of 50, or 45 if you're African American
- Get screened early if you're high risk or have a family history of colon cancer
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Adopt a physically active lifestyle
- Eat a healthy diet
- Don't use tobacco products
- Limit alcohol intake