Dr. Jay Guan has extensive training in a broad range of GI disorders and procedures. His clinical focus includes Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Barret’s Esophagus, NASH, GI motility disorders, Hepatitis B/C, and Eosinophilic Esophagitis. He is passionate about applying the latest and evidence-based care to help improve patients’ quality of life.
In his free time, he enjoys cooking, hiking, traveling, reading, and spending time with his son and wife. He is fluent in English, Mandarin, and Medical Spanish.
I believe in a personalized approach to each patient’s condition. Many GI and liver disorders are chronic medical conditions. Often major changes in patients’ lives can affect their medical conditions and symptoms. I strive to empower my patients through education and forming therapeutic alliance with my patients in approaching treatment plans.
To prioritize patients’ care, I focus on easy access, quick communication, and minimal wait times. I aim to provide a practice that not only addresses patient’s health concerns but also respects the context of their life circumstances and personal beliefs.
Lastly, I always welcome feedback to help improve my patients’ experiences in my practice.
- Upper Endoscopy
- Hemorrhoid Banding
- Push Enteroscopy
- Endoscopic Eradication Therapy for Barret’s Esophagus
- Endoscopic dilation of esophageal strictures.
- Percutaneous Gastrostomy Tube Placement
- Bravo pH Monitoring
- Video Capsule Endoscopy
- Esophageal Variceal Ligation/Banding
- Interpretation of esophageal and anal manometries
- Fellowship:Gastroenterology, Loma Linda University Medical Center, Loma Linda, CA
- Residency:Internal medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- Medical School:Chicago Medical School—Rosalind Franklin University
American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
American College of Gastroenterology
American Medical Association
American College of Physicians
4005 Mission Oak Blvd., Unit A
Camarillo, CA 93012
Phone: (805) 484-7921
Fax: (805) 388-5404
2241 Wankel Way, Suite A
Oxnard, CA 93030
Phone: (805) 983-0521
Fax: (805) 485-1484